General Information[edit | edit source]
- The Frying Pan is an improvised weapon found in The Dead Linger Alpha release. It is often found in suburban houses.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Frying Pans in The Dead Linger can be easily identified by their dark, round bodies, and matching handles. As of Alpha 10g, the frying pan may sometimes spawn upright, appearing to stand on its handle.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- In The Dead Linger, Frying Pans spawn into the suburban house. Specifically, on or near the tabletops of kitchen areas. Frying Pans previously spawned in Prison kitchens as well, however, prisons are devoid of loot in the Alpha 10g build, and therefore the frying pan cannot currently be found there.
Uses[edit | edit source]
Weapon[edit | edit source]
- As of Alpha 10g, Frying Pans can only be used as weapons, and take up a 3X2 grid in the player inventory. It is highly durable, lasting 250 hits, but does low damage (only 17). The weapon also has medium striking range. However, the frying pan is unique in its ability to briefly stun its target.
- Because of its low damage and stunning attribute, the frying pan is best utilized as a means of delaying zombies (or survivors), and providing a chance for escape. In hand-to-hand combat, large increases in infection risk and physical damage make this weapon an inadvisable tool for killing enemies. This property is highlighted when one attempts to engage multiple zombies with only the pan equipped.
Cooking[edit | edit source]
- Although not yet present in the game, cooking of food and purification of drinks through boiling with the frying pan may become a reality in The Dead Linger soon.