Urban zones are regions of the map created by the world generator. Urban zones are areas with many buildings and a lot more zombies and supplies than rural zones.
Suburbs are a common urban zone consisting of houses and roads.
Common type of structure found in suburban zones:
These structures will occasionally spawn in suburban zones:
Towns are more populated zones differentiated by suburbs with having more variety of structures such as stores and offices.
The types of buildings found on farmland include:
- Zones now have randomly generated names based on the type of zone. This name displays on the top right compass.
- You can now find two types of Under-Construction suburban homes in suburban neighborhoods. These are a good place to find wood and building supplies.
- There is a new, large building — a LeLand’s Supermarket. (Congratulations to Kickstarter backer Jonathan Leland!)
- Suburban neighborhoods now have more trees in them.
- Large, looming 4-story office buildings now spawn in Town zones. These are filled with loot, as well as numerous undead, and provide a great vantage point over a town.
- Suburban neighborhoods now have a higher amount of trees in the yards.
- Swerts now only have a 1% chance of spawning in Suburban zones.
- Swerts now have a 20% chance of appearing in Town zones.
- Fixed a huge bug that was causing Town zones to never spawn.
- City zones (which looked similar to Suburban zones) can no longer be found in the world, as we prepare them for a much bigger re-appearance in the future.
- Town zones will almost always have at least 1 water tower.
- Suburban zones now have a very rare chance of having a water tower.
- City zones (which were currently identical to Town zones) have been removed until we have unique buildings (i.e. skyscrapers) prepared for them.
- There are multiple new areas to find, including (but not limited to) towns.
- Players should now always initially spawn in a suburban neighborhood or town.
- World generation with limited content.